How the world would be without a handyman is a scary thought. We define a handyman as somebody who can fix almost everything with his hands and knows exactly the tools and the equipment needed. Many of us do not have this talent. One should have a handyman’s number in his contact list. He definitely is the first person you would like to see in a house emergency.
Can we imagine a world without these men in blue crisp overalls? If they were not around, many of the things that need to be done will be left undone and if they are done, it is not done correctly. Most of us don’t realize the worth of something until they are not there. Let’s go on a scary trip into an imaginary world, where there are no handymen that come to our rescue.
- Hanging mirrors and paintings – If you know how to hang a mirror, you know how involved it can get. Are you aware of which tools you will need and what hardware to buy? Do you have time to do it, or is this a project that will not be done for weeks or months? Even if you find time to hang it, are you sure it will stay and not eventually fall off? When hanging a painting, a mirror or a heavy object on your wall, will you will have to do it yourself.
- Cleaning – Spring cleaning, after there is a snow storm or a bad session of rain, you need to get up and clean your driveway or your patio or the roof yourself. A pressure hose is needed to prevent hours of sweeping, scrubbing and getting into hard corners. Research is needed to find the best place to rent the pressure hose, and then how to use it. With a lot of trouble, your patio or driveway will look almost brand new.
- Gardening – There are bushes and many more chores to clean the backyard. You need take out time and do it yourself on your day off.
- Carpentry – You want some new shelves in your study or repair the garage door. In this world devoid of handymen you will have to do it yourself. If you want to erect a club house or a shed, you’ll have to do it yourself.
- Plumbing- The hot water pipe bust at six am on a Sunday. You have obligations either at church or getting together with family. They will have to wait. You will have to fix the plumbing.
- Roofing – It was really windy last night and the roof shingles got displaced and the rain is coming inside the attic. You need to put up buckets to catch the rain. You will need to watch a YouTube video to fix it days after the rain, so it will be dry.
The list is long. The message is loud and clear by now. We can’t do without handymen. Here are more things handymen can do.
- They clean the clutter in the garage for us.
- They mow the lawn for us. • The paint our houses pretty both inside and out.
- Clean the pool and get it ready for the summers
- Fix and install our air conditioners
- Clean our carpets and rugs
There are too many to list. Handymen are very much needed.