In doing your roof, ask yourself first what type of weather you experience in your locality, so that if you want to use new roofing materials, you get something that will serve you all year round. Honestly, If you have ever thought of renovating your house the first thing you think of is replacing any broken or damaged items such as door locks, tiles or even a broken window pane.
The next step would probably be painting your house to give it a facelift but truth is no matter how good a job you do on the inside of your house ,the outside will be seen first and you have to do an equally good job on the outside too. One thing people forget about is the roof. How then do you renovate your roof without spending so much on it? Well continue reading.
1. Know your roof
This is the key when you want to give your roof a makeover. You need to know the type of tiles you have so that you know the best way to renovate them. For instance, if you have glazed roof tiles you will know painting them is not a good option. Different types of roof require different methods of renovation and repair. Find out what material are your tiles are made of. For example, is it cement or clay?
2. Find the best roofing alternative
This will require a lot of research on your part as the home owner. You should ask yourself some of these questions.
- What do I want? It is important to know whether or not you want minor repairs or you want to pull the whole roof down and replace it with a new one. It will all come down to your budgetary allocation as you need something that suits your budget
- Where do I live? Your roof is supposed to protect you from all weather elements. Ask yourself what type of weather you experience in your locality so that if you want to use new roofing materials you get something that will serve you all year round. There are special roofing materials that perfectly suit extreme weather conditions
- How much do I want to spend? As earlier stated, your budget will have a great influence on what you settle for. If it is a low budget then you might end up just repairing parts of your roof as opposed to replacing the whole of it.
3. Get a qualified roofing service provider
Never compromise on quality. Get someone or a company that is experienced when it comes to roofing. Remember cheap is all always expensive in the long run. So do not go for a cheap and unqualified person who will do a shoddy job and you will end up paying more to undo what was done. Shop around and get qualified personnel, research on their prices and then you can choose one that best suits your needs.
- Red Tile Roof: AFSB