Most people who get cosmetic surgery have procedures on the face. Many procedures are carried out during facial plastic surgery. While some people only get a single procedure to alter one feature, there are those who get multiple procedures or a full-face lift. It is important to find out the different procedures available so that you can make an informed decision before you go in for surgery.
1. Facelift – A facelift or rhytidectomy is the procedure used to remove wrinkles surgically, leaving the patient looking younger. During the procedure, the surgeon removes the excess facial skin before redraping the remaining skin over the face and neck. There are many ways to carry out facelift procedures and they are evolving and getting better.
2. Brow lift – Also called the forehead lift or browplasty; procedure aims to raise eyebrows that are drooping, while also getting rid of forehead wrinkles. Most people who get a brow lift do so alongside other facial procedures to achieve a harmonious look.
3. Nose job – Rhinoplasty or a nose job is the procedure where the surgeon reshapes the nose to enhance its appearance or to correct conditions that interfere with the patients breathing. When the aim is to correct the function, the procedure can be done while the patient is young, especially in their teens.
4. Cheek augmentation – This surgical procedure targets those who want to get cheekbones that are more prominent. Cheeks that are weak or have lost their fullness often make people look older and the procedure aims to change this. In many cases, the surgeon places an implant on the cheekbones during the procedure.
5. Ear surgery – This procedure is carried out to lessen the size of the ears, to reshape the bends or to pin them closer to the head. People with protruding, large or abnormally shaped ears, benefit from this procedure. While many patients have the surgery on both ears, others have it on only one ear.
6. Chin augmentation – A prominent chin is something that many people, especially men desire. The chin augmentation procedure entails placing an implant on the bone and it provides a better balance of the facial features. The augmentation can also be carried out alongside other procedures.
Other procedures on the face include a cheek lift or mid face-lift, which is used to raise the cheeks to enhance fullness and contour of the face. A hair transplant helps to replace lost hair leaving the patient looking younger and more attractive. Before you get any cosmetic procedure, make sure that you speak to the surgeon so that you know what to expect.
- Wrinkles: AFSB