If you’re planning a trip to Cleveland and need travel suggestions, you’re in luck. There’s plenty to see and do. If you haven’t yet planned your itinerary and are leaving soon don’t worry. Once you get to your hotel, or if you need a ride to the hotel from the airport, hire any of the cabs in Cleveland Ohio to get you where you need to go. The benefit here is that, since you aren’t familiar with the lay of the land, the taxi driver is. They can tell you where to find just about anything.
Some suggestions for what to do in Cleveland
If there’s still plenty of time before you leave on your trip to Cleveland, consider taking in a few of these sights, sounds, tastes, experiences…
- Want to catch a quick bite? If you’re a fan of tater-tots or fries and hot dogs (even vegan dogs) don’t miss having a fast snack at The Happy Dog. It’s not necessarily the dog… it’s the more than 50 things there are to put on it! You can polka, listen to live music and enjoy hot dogs good enough to be classified as ‘gourmet’.
- Want to be amused? Just a couple hours out of town you can not only be amused in the true sense of the word at a real amusement park called Cedar Point but enjoy some fun in the sun at the Sandusky beach. Thrill rides not your style? How about a ride on the South Bass Island ferry? This is the perfect stop for those history lovers that just can’t get enough.
- Looking for a bit of culture? Cleveland has plenty. Check out Lakeview Cemetery, the Children’s Museum, Cinematheque, the orchestra at Severance Hall, the botanical garden, Natural History Museum, Art Museum and more in University Circle.
- Tired of the hot dogs? Stuff yourself silly at any one of the Italian eateries in Cleveland’s Little Italy.
- Looking for more fun in the sun? Well you’re practically in Lake Erie! Go boating, kayaking or jet skiing with a rental. And if you need to quench that adult thirst while you’re having that fun in the sun, check out an excursion on The Goodtime lll. Here you can mix drinks with dancing, brunch, lunch or dinner tours.
- Looking for photo ops? Take your picture with a giraffe or an elephant at Metroparks Zoo. Or, Cleveland has magnificent parks…over 21,000 acres of them.
Or just rely on your taxi or Uber driver for some great recommendations!
Cleveland image by Pixabay