It is a good idea to see a dermatologist if you have sensitive skin for recommendations on products, home remedies, diet and and other treatment.
As you start to pay more attention to your skin type, you may wonder what it is like for sensitive skin care instead of skin that is more normal. Sensitive skin is generally skin that is fine or thin. It might sunburn more easily or have reactions to certain products. Here are a few things that people with sensitive skin may need to do that those with normal skin will not have to worry about doing.
There are natural ways and medical procedures to remove wrinkles from your forehead, under the eyes or the entire face. Make sure you do proper research to make an informed decision.
Most people who get cosmetic surgery have procedures on the face. While some people alter just one feature, there are those who get multiple approaches or a full-face lift. It is important to find out the different types available so that you can make an informed decision before you go in for surgery.
1. Facelift or Rhytidectomy is the facial cosmetic procedure used to remove wrinkles surgically, leaving the patient looking younger. The surgeon removes the excess skin before redraping the remaining skin over the face and neck. There are many ways to carry this out. They are evolving and getting better.
2. Brow lift – Also called the forehead lift or browplasty; this aims to raise eyebrows that are drooping, while also getting rid of forehead wrinkles. Most people who get a brow lift do so alongside other procedures to achieve a harmonious look.
3. Nose job – Rhinoplasty or a nose job is the procedure where the surgeon reshapes the nose to enhance its appearance or to correct conditions that interfere with the patients breathing. When the aim is to correct the function, the operation can be done while the patient is young, especially in their teens.
4. Cheek augmentation – This surgical procedure targets those who want to get cheekbones that are more prominent. Cheeks that are weak or have lost their fullness often make people look older and the technique aims to change this. In many cases, the surgeon places an implant on the cheekbones.
5. Ear surgery – This procedure is carried out to lessen the size of the ears, to reshape the bends or to pin them closer to the head. People with protruding, large or abnormally shaped ears, benefit from this. While many patients have the surgery on both ears, others have it on only one ear.
6. Chin augmentation – A prominent chin is something that many people, especially men desire. The chin augmentation entails placing an implant on the bone and it provides a better balance of the facial features. The augmentation can also be carried out alongside other procedures.
Other procedures include a cheek lift or mid face-lift, which is used to raise the cheeks to enhance fullness and contour of the face. A hair transplant helps to replace lost hair leaving the patient looking younger and more attractive. Before you get any cosmetic actions, make sure that you speak to the surgeon so that you know what to expect.
Laser wrinkle removal helps remove them around the mouth, forehead, eyes, scars, acne, sun damaged or aged skin, and it prevents warts and liver spots.
One of the options of laser resurfacing helps to reduce facial wrinkles, blemishes, and scars. Wrinkle removal is also referred to as lasabrasion, vaporization, or peel. The surgeon makes use of the laser for sending short, concentrated beams of light on the irregular skin.
This helps to remove damaged skin one layer after another. The laser beam utilized seeks to remove the outer layer (epidermis). Then simultaneously helps to heat the underlying skin (dermis). This activity works by stimulating the growth of collagen fibers. Once the treated areas heal, new skin forms to become firmer and smoother.
Laser resurfacing plays an important role in improving minor facial flaws including wrinkles or fine lines under or around the mouth, forehead or eyes, scars from chickenpox or acne, sun damaged or aged, and skin that is non-responsive after a facelift. It prevents liver spots, warts, improves the complexion in case you have graying or yellowish tones, prevents enlarged oil glands found on the nose and birthmarks like linear epidermal nevi.
In order to achieve the best results, the surgeon performs a series of treatment on the patient for preparing the skin. The treatment begins normally more than 6 weeks before the scheduled procedure. The treatment is normally customized for the particular type in order to minimize complications and to receive the best results from these surgical procedures. Cosmetic laser resurfacing procedures are normally conducted based on outpatient, taking 30 minutes to 2 hours.
The procedure can be painful. Therefore, the surgeon seeks to numb the skin using local anesthetics. Sedative is also administered to help the patient relax. In case, you are choosing extensive resurfacing or having other cosmetic procedures, the surgeon can recommend general anesthetic. Afterwards, the surgeon will administer the patient with painkillers in order to help them keep comfortable. During the preparation, the face is thoroughly cleaned while eye protection is provided.
What Goes on After
Once completed, the plastic surgeon will be in a position to apply specialized dressing in order to protect the tissues. The skin that was treated reacts differently. However, normally, it feels like mild sunburn. The patient will have swelling and redness. They may also experience stinging or itching for several days after the surgical procedures.
The pros of botox are it can be effective and relatively nonevasive. The cons are it is not permanent, its hefty price and the risk of paralysis and death.
There are various advantages and disadvantages of getting botox. The desire to stay eternally young is certain not a new quest. In fact, both men and women have searched throughout history for a way to avoid the aging process. For some people, they believe that they have finally found the solution to that problem through the use of Botox.
In fact, there are so many people who share this belief that Botox treatments have been the most commonly performed cosmetic procedure for the last five years in a row. In order to help you determine once and for all whether or not this procedure may be right for you, I would like to take this time to offer you a few of the advantages and disadvantages which are associated with this procedure.
Advantages of Using Botox :
1. You will see a dramatic reduction in the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles after just one Botox treatment. This means that unlike other anti aging treatments that require multiple applications before you achieve any results, you can always expect a virtually instant result when you choose to use Botox to treat the signs of aging.
2. Botox can be quite effective at prolonging the onset of the aging process when used as a preventative measure in patients who have yet to develop deep lines or wrinkles. In fact, most plastic surgeons recommend that you begin the use of Botox before you experience a notable change in the appearance of your skin. This is because Botox is most effective when used in the early stages of the aging process.
3. Since Botox is a relatively non invasive procedure, there is virtually no down time associated with this procedure. In fact, you could return to work the very same day as the procedure is completed if you desire. In most cases, the only real side effects which will be experienced in conjunction with this procedure is a redness or bruising around the injection site. Patients may also experience a bit of swelling or tenderness at this injection site as well. Generally, these side effects will disappear within 24 to 48 hours without any medical intervention.
Disadvantages of Using Botox:
1. Botox treatments are not a permanent solution to the aging process. In order to maintain the results that this procedure provides, you will need to have the procedure repeated every 4 to 6 months. In fact, the results of this procedure will typically last for less and less time every time that the procedure is repeated. This is because patients tend to develop a resistance to the active ingredient in this treatment.
2. Botox treatments can become quite expensive. In fact, many people often need to seek out alternative financing options such as a cosmetic surgery loan in order to cover the cost of these treatments. Since these treatments will need to be repeated every few months, you could potentially find yourself racking up a large amount of debt in relation to this anti aging treatment.
3. There is a risk of permanent paralysis and even death with the use of this treatment. The key to avoiding this risk is to always have your Botox injections administered by a licensed plastic surgeon who has been professionally trained in the art of injecting Botox. This means that less expensive options such as Botox parties should never be considered a serious option. You will also want to confirm that the product you are being injected with is in fact genuine Botox in order to keep these risks to a minimum.
Oily skin means you will get less wrinkles. Your skin will be more smooth because of the oil. Keep it clean and use products made for oily skin.
It is important to know the appropriate oily skin care if your skin tends to be oily. Many people these days normally suffer from dry skin, and this is why they tend to use products that have a lot of moisturizer in them. However, there is a small subset of people who normally suffer from the opposite of this: having skin that is far too oily. There are many benefits of having oily skin, chief of which is the fact that you will be less likely to get wrinkles when you have such skin. This is because the excess oil tends to keep the skin smooth and supple for a much longer period than in other cases.
If you suffer from oily skin, the best thing to do would be to keep the skin clean and to use products that are specifically made for use on oily skin. When you have oily skin, you will still need to deal with issues such as having your face looking shiny when it is hot. In addition to that, such skin tends to suffer from many breakouts which can have an effect on one’s self esteem. This means that you will need to approach management of such skin in a special manner in order to reduce the chances of you damaging it too much.
The obvious may not always be the right thing to do
When most people want to deal with oily skin, they tend to do things that they think will reduce the amount of oil on their faces. For instance, they could decide to wash their faces with products that strip the face of all oil. In addition to that, they may also opt to use tissues and handkerchiefs to keep wiping their faces to reduce the sheen associated with excess oil on the face. This, however, is not a good way of dealing with oily skin.
The wise way to treat oily skin
If you suffer from such a condition, the best thing to do would be to keep the skin clean and to use products that are specifically made for use on oily skin. For instance, when washing your face, you should avoid using products that will strip the skin of all oil, since this will force the skin to produce more and exacerbates the problem. You would be better off getting a skin cleanser that gets rid of the oil and then moisturizes the skin as well. You will also need to avoid wiping your face too often, since this gets rid of the oil on the skin and forces it to produce more, which may block the glands and cause formation of pimples.
If you are keen on reducing such sheens, you could use anti-sheen products meant for oily skin. Mention it to your doctor. Oily skin should be part of your electronic medical records. You can contact a skin doctor to give you guidance on which ones are most effective.
A professional chemical peel is an alternative to anti- ageing procedures to get rid of cellulite, wrinkles, sagging skin, stretch marks, black heads…
One of the many problems with getting old is slowing the aging process. When that realization hits, people look to products and other ways to stay looking young. When you look young you feel young. When your spirits are high, you are able to accomplish much more. Feeling old and tired are often the result of looking as such.
There are many types of medical procedures that help stay looking young. Most of them involve altering the physical appearance. Anti aging skin care that involves simpler procedures are creams, exercise and a good diet. Controversial medical procedures include botox and plastic surgery. One procedure which many fail to look at are chemical peels. Skin care physicians can give you ideas of the many options you have.
What is good about chemical peels?
If you have been having skin problems, you may consider a chemical peel skin care procedure. Do proper research on the websites of medical institutions that provide chemical peel. Call them and visit them. Look at before and after chemical peel images from those who had the procedure done. Ask a skin care physician in good business standing questions, in order to make a sound decision.What it does is remove the top layer of the skin and allow for a regrowth of cells. This means that it can be good for curing most skin blemishes. If you have acne, there is a special chemical peel for that. If your skin has different pigmentation, you get a special chemical peel to fix it.
Most of the time, they are used to rejuvenate skin by shedding the top layer and triggering a re-growth of skin. This is why they are a favoured cosmetic procedure. They help getting rid of cellulite, wrinkles, sagging skin, stretch marks, black heads, light scarring, pimples and other skin blemishes.
What is ugly about them?
Your skin has a self-balancing PH level to maintain healthy protection from pathogens. If you over process your skin, the chemicals may alter your skin PH and expose you to pathogens. You must always ensure that you have your chemical peel done by a physician trained in professional cosmetics. This way you can avoid mishaps. Some people end up ruining their skin with chemical burns, permanent scarring due to too much peels and uneven pigment.
The risks and side effects chemical peels
Every procedure has some positive outcome and possible side effects. Some people experience hypersensitivity on the area that has been treated. Some peels are too deep hence expose your skin to UV rays therefore exposing you to possible cancer. You may be exposed to infection since a layer that is protective is peeled away and it takes some time to grow back.
Sometimes a peel can lead to dry skin and discoloration. If you have it done unprofessionally, you may even end up with burns or uneven skin tone. Make sure that you do your research well before settling for a chemical peel. Examine chemical skin peel before and after photos, or even interview those who have tried it. Understand how it works and how to prevent any of the mishaps that it may come with.