A great home improvement project is to spruce up your basement, but first you must gather up some creative ideas. The basement in many homes is usually used as a store for unused equipment, furniture and paper work. The wise ones have made arrangements to make it homey and a relaxation spot for the family. The first thing to do to make your basement as so is to clean it up, do a garage sale or auction the items you do not need and then decorate it.
Below are ideas that you can implement to achieve this:
You may need to put a fresh coat of paint, get advice from experts on the correct shade of the color most voted for by your family members.
- If the stairs or floors need flooring work done, you should get help in doing so. For the walls, get experts to check for cracks, crevasses and molds that may cause harm to the overall structure.
- You may need to put a fresh coat of paint, get advice from experts on the correct shade of the color most voted for by your family members.
- Get beautiful and handmade sculptures and paintings to adorn your family room and make it feel more comfortable. Collectable items like antique lamp shades or chandeliers will also add beauty to the room. You can frame your family hobby items like stamps, rocks, coins and butterflies to further customize the room.
- Entertainment is important since the room needs to look like like an exciting get-a-way for the members. The different members should be taken into consideration while planning this. For the parents, wine kits, wine cellar and beer wall containing their favorite choice of alcohol are a great add-on to help them unwind. A separate play area with colorful dolls, hangings and wall paper can be set aside for the baby of the house. A teenage boy can be most interested in a pool table and varied board and card games. A teenage girl may be interested in a good music system and high quality TV set.
- Pictures of family members, pets and friends can be put on one side of the room to help one relieve the moments when going through them during their pass time. Pictures for great stages like toddlerhood, baptism and graduation should not miss in the “family wall of fame and shame”. If you wish to dig deeper in your pocket, you can invest in digital photo frames that look like tablet computers and display images and also plays videos.
- Plants are wonderful air purifiers and decorative things. Areca palm and mother in law plants are examples of beautiful flora that help achieve this function.
Basement Photo by Pixabay